How To Move Antiques and Collectibles
Safely packing antiques & collectibles.
If Atlas is packing Antiques for you: Atlas is among the world's most trusted and experienced antique movers. We treat every item with the finest professional care. But moving art, antiques, and collectibles takes extra care. And no one understands that better than your Atlas Agent and moving crew. We know just how your valuable items should be packed, handled, and transported in order to arrive safely to your new home.
Before you move, your Atlas Agent will come to your home and survey your belongings. Point out things that may need special attention, such as:
- Fragile porcelains
- Family heirlooms
- Valuable antiques
If you use Atlas packing services your Agent will schedule a packing time that fits within your schedule.
If you wish to pack your special items yourself:
Use the same, professional-grade materials Atlas uses. These are a few of the materials you can purchase from your Atlas Agent at affordable prices:
- Double- and triple-walled cartons
- Stretch wrap and cushioning wrap
- Packing tape
- Fine tissue and Kraft paper
Precious Items you should keep with you during the move:
- Fine jewelry (Atlas can transport inexpensive or costume jewelry)
- Coins, cash, and negotiable paper (stock certificates, bonds, notes, etc.)
- Important papers, deeds, titles, bank books, tax forms, and similar documents
- Prescriptions, medical records, and dental records
- Keys to furniture, safe, home
- Photos and sentimental items
Atlas can build a custom wooden crate around the piece to ensure correct fit and proper protection.